Saturday, January 31, 2009

LAN Followup

So the lan was pretty fun! It wasn't so bad. When we first got there we picked a row where we could all be next to each other, then started to crack open the energy drinks.
The organizers of the lan have to set up Steam* to all the computers once the LAN is initiated, however, that took them over 2 hours to do.
I am more of a console gamer, the PC gaming left long behind me since I didn't have the money to keep my computer up to date graphic wise. With that being said, when Steam was up and running, I didn't feel comfortable enough to play alongside people who have played PC games all their life. I did attempt to play the original Halo PC, but my reaction times were off and my co-ordination was just shot to shit by other players.
With a sigh of frustration and a few colourful words, I resigned and played Bejeweled 2 and Tetron. I did play a round of rock band on the wii, but they had it set up with hi-def cables and hadn't calibrated the tv so everything was delayed.
If there was an xbox 360 and Halo 3, I would have loved to sit down and kick ass.
Alas I wasn't so lucky so I enjoyed watching Mike play games. There was one particular row that just reeked of B.O. but it didn't really bother me, probably because I was sitting no where near them XD
So overall I had fun, by the time 10:45 rolled around, Mike and I were ready to go home. I was tired and feeling a little sick but we managed to stay awake until 1:00am until we finally passed out.
Would I go back to a Mohawk LAN? If I was invited, yes, if there was an xbox 360, yes, but probably something I wouldn't go out of my way for. It's not like a real LAN where you play the games you want with all your friends for days in comfortable couches, but it was still an experience I soon won't forget.

Steam: A library but for games. Installs on a Windows computer where you have access to the 'store' and you can buy PC games. Much like iTunes but for games.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ManxClan < That's Mike's clan

4 comments:

a said...

Phooey.

I'm so jealous because 1) I'm a lazy fart and never LAN anymore and 2) your boyfriend LANned with you. I wish Shay could. =/

BUT. Glad you had fun. :D

a said...

Followup:

When we meet up some day WE MUST LAN. WE /MUST/. \m/ >..<

Mrs. C. Monk said...

I remember when I first got my laptop and you used all my free Bejeweled minutes during one of the Earth/Space classes I skipped :P

Unknown said...

I did that? LOL Sounds like something I would do