Monday, December 13, 2010

Final Painting


Well this is it folks, final painting for this semester, and unfortunately the last painting for my animation career in Sheridan... as far as I know. Next semester we're moving onto digital painting so it'll be fun, have to say though i'm just starting to warm up to gouache and I feel like I can work faster with it. 

Anyway this painting is pretty simple, nothing too amazing or exciting. I was watching Survivorman and he was in the outback, the bright blue of the sky and the red of the landscape inspired me to make a painting with a similar colour scheme. I then decided I wanted to have my painting with a mythological bird called a roc in it (it's in one of my favourite games from back in the day). I would have loved to paint the bird itself but I liked the idea of just it's shadow too, leaving room for a viewer's imagination. 
Anywho hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


 

3 comments:

Neilizza said...

Wait a minute D: I thought digital is 3rd year animation D: I'm not ready for digitaaaal *hyperventilates*

Unknown said...

Yeeeeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Chris Parks said...

i love the vivid colours and thick paint application- looks very rich!